SDGO Taiwan-Korea


 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Greatest guide possible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Rock>scissor>Paper>rock

Stalk your advantageous attribute to the ends of the earth.

if none, than fight with the same attribute.

if disadvantageous attribute stalks you, run to your teammate

When last life 1:1 situation. kill every attribute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Boy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General


Posts : 1097
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Shadow Mirror Universe

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:39 pm

This is less a guide and more of goddamned common sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:23 pm

D-Boy wrote:
This is less a guide and more of goddamned common sense.

You have no idea how many ppl lack "common sense"

i just had a match with my teammates
confronting

rock->paper
scissor->rock
paper->scissor

ppl tend to miss things right in front of them.

I think this is pretty good guide?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zgmfx09a
Journeyman
Journeyman


Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Wow. 10/10. 5-starred guide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Boy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General


Posts : 1097
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Shadow Mirror Universe

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:30 pm

And what I'm saying this ain't a guide. A guide teaches things that people don't know and how.

And I have psychology under my belt. I know how rare common sense is. And you don't have the common sense to know what is a guide and what is not. Common sense =/= Guide

And one more thing? Rock against paper is a good thing. Alot of papers crunch up against rocks due to lack of ammo and they can't fight well in close quarters. In fact, I make paper-killing a priority so that other people have a clear rushing route that can't be picked off by papers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:01 pm

D-Boy wrote:
And what I'm saying this ain't a guide. A guide teaches things that people don't know and how.

And I have psychology under my belt. I know how rare common sense is. And you don't have the common sense to know what is a guide and what is not. Common sense =/= Guide

And one more thing? Rock against paper is a good thing. Alot of papers crunch up against rocks due to lack of ammo and they can't fight well in close quarters. In fact, I make paper-killing a priority so that other people have a clear rushing route that can't be picked off by papers.

The word guide is basically the verb guide. Guidance is more of help than teach.

If you can go around sniping enemy papers when you're a rock then it means paper is not sticking with the team or the team of the paper is being newb and not supporting the paper.

If your common sense is to go around and offend a person telling he lacks common sense just becaue you don't agree with it, i have nothing more say to you. Go look for someone else to pick a pointless fight on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katoma
Major
Major


Posts : 468
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Argama3 wrote:
D-Boy wrote:
And what I'm saying this ain't a guide. A guide teaches things that people don't know and how.

And I have psychology under my belt. I know how rare common sense is. And you don't have the common sense to know what is a guide and what is not. Common sense =/= Guide

And one more thing? Rock against paper is a good thing. Alot of papers crunch up against rocks due to lack of ammo and they can't fight well in close quarters. In fact, I make paper-killing a priority so that other people have a clear rushing route that can't be picked off by papers.

The word guide is basically the verb guide. Guidance is more of help than teach.

If you can go around sniping enemy papers when you're a rock then it means paper is not sticking with the team or the team of the paper is being newb and not supporting the paper.

If your common sense is to go around and offend a person telling he lacks common sense just becaue you don't agree with it, i have nothing more say to you. Go look for someone else to pick a pointless fight on.

This. They're right Shift, common sense is not common. Sometimes you need to tell people this "Common" sense. I've seen it too often. Someone posting porn links in an Online Game for example, or constantly spamming the N Word (filter bypassing btw) in a game that notes they will ban for such actions.

People lack common sense to do obvious things, like read the rules.

You sir, lack common courtesy and respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zgmfx09a
Journeyman
Journeyman


Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Argama3 wrote:
D-Boy wrote:
And what I'm saying this ain't a guide. A guide teaches things that people don't know and how.

And I have psychology under my belt. I know how rare common sense is. And you don't have the common sense to know what is a guide and what is not. Common sense =/= Guide

And one more thing? Rock against paper is a good thing. Alot of papers crunch up against rocks due to lack of ammo and they can't fight well in close quarters. In fact, I make paper-killing a priority so that other people have a clear rushing route that can't be picked off by papers.

The word guide is basically the verb guide. Guidance is more of help than teach.

If you can go around sniping enemy papers when you're a rock then it means paper is not sticking with the team or the team of the paper is being newb and not supporting the paper.

If your common sense is to go around and offend a person telling he lacks common sense just becaue you don't agree with it, i have nothing more say to you. Go look for someone else to pick a pointless fight on.

In all honesty, what you are posting is a tip. Common sense. Not the "awesome" guide which you are saying it is.

Players don't need a guide for this. There is no strict and hard rule saying that you must attack only scissors or rocks when you are a paper.

It depends on a wide range of factors, and depends on the game play and situations you are facing right then.

Take for example, I am using a purged GNAE, and I have the option of attacking a Training MS who is barely doing any output, or a V-Dash who is too distracted stunning the hell out of my team-mates. Are you gonna rush for the Training MS because he is a scissors, or take out the bigger threat first?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katoma
Major
Major


Posts : 468
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:21 pm

zgmfx09a wrote:
Argama3 wrote:
D-Boy wrote:
And what I'm saying this ain't a guide. A guide teaches things that people don't know and how.

And I have psychology under my belt. I know how rare common sense is. And you don't have the common sense to know what is a guide and what is not. Common sense =/= Guide

And one more thing? Rock against paper is a good thing. Alot of papers crunch up against rocks due to lack of ammo and they can't fight well in close quarters. In fact, I make paper-killing a priority so that other people have a clear rushing route that can't be picked off by papers.

The word guide is basically the verb guide. Guidance is more of help than teach.

If you can go around sniping enemy papers when you're a rock then it means paper is not sticking with the team or the team of the paper is being newb and not supporting the paper.

If your common sense is to go around and offend a person telling he lacks common sense just becaue you don't agree with it, i have nothing more say to you. Go look for someone else to pick a pointless fight on.

In all honesty, what you are posting is a tip. Common sense. Not the "awesome" guide which you are saying it is.

Players don't need a guide for this. There is no strict and hard rule saying that you must attack only scissors or rocks when you are a paper.

It depends on a wide range of factors, and depends on the game play and situations you are facing right then.

Take for example, I am using a purged GNAE, and I have the option of attacking a Training MS who is barely doing any output, or a V-Dash who is too distracted stunning the hell out of my team-mates. Are you gonna rush for the Training MS because he is a scissors, or take out the bigger threat first?

–noun
6.
a person who guides, esp. one hired to guide travelers, tourists, hunters, etc.

7.
a mark, tab, or the like, to catch the eye and thus provide quick reference.
8.
a guidebook.
9.
a book, pamphlet, etc., giving information, instructions, or advice; handbook: an investment guide.
10.
a guidepost.
11.
a device that regulates or directs progressive motion or action: a sewing-machine guide.
12.
a spirit believed to direct the utterances of a medium.
13.
Military . a member of a group marching in formation who sets the pattern of movement or alignment for the rest.




–verb (used with object)
1.
to assist (a person) to travel through, or reach a destination in, an unfamiliar area, as by accompanying or giving directions to the person
: He guided us through the forest.
2.
to accompany (a sightseer) to show points of interest and to explain their meaning or significance.
3.
to force (a person, object, or animal) to move in a certain path.
4.
to supply (a person) with advice or counsel, as in practical or spiritual affairs.

5.
to supervise (someone's actions or affairs) in an advisory capacity.





Funny, you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "Guide" as well as you think you do. by definition, this IS a guide. Not one by current standards, but by definition, this is a guide.

Just because it doesn't fit a "guide" as the standards people are accustomed to, doesn't mean it is not a guide. It's definitely a rarely used approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Boy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General


Posts : 1097
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Shadow Mirror Universe

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Nein, I pick off papers first in a group. Because papers are the ones who deal the most damage if left free. Don't assume anything. Unless you're gonna argue that I take out a scissor while a papers screw me out. And its not necessarily the team is newb. Think, what if everyone else is handled busy by my other teammate, and I have a clear path to kill. If there's an opportunity, I kill. Rocks SHOULD take out paper first. Rocks are the vanguard to smash everything. Scissors are the mid-liners. Papers are the back-liners of the team. Well, that's for average of the types. Of course there's exceptions, and those exceptions are the one to break the "rules" and do some hell. In the end, you will need to kill everything, so take something that would trouble you from start to finish so you can have a smooth round for yourself by having the upper hands in type.

For argument's sake, let's follow your "guide".

I fight scissors
Komei Regz or MLRS is left alive
Whoops, there goes everything, a puny scissor is dead, and now we have either radar+def command by Komei, or MLRS will rape everything out of their hiding holes.
Had I take the komei or MLRS first, damages can be reduced, and scissors will be helpless against rocks.

And I'm not telling you that you don't have common sense because i don't agree. Its because its clearly not a good guide and doesn't tell newbs how to do anything. Common sense is prudent and sound judgment. I do agree common sense is rare. But I don't agree that this is a good guide, because it teaches nothing to become good. If you stick to "kill weaknesses", you'll be left with something that has an advantage on you, which would certainly make your life harder if it has high health and you have low health. You must be TERRIBLE to think that if this is a good guide. In fact, any newb that has a sound mind would see this:
http://sdgotw-kr.forumotion.com/t530-new-player-guide-to-sdgo-rock-paper-scissor-system
And find that more than enough.

And vart? I don't have respect and courtesy for people who don't imagine and lie. I only respect people that can put up a good fight, and have a sound mind.. You say common sense is rare, and yes, that's true. Including you. My courtesy and respect only deserves to go to people who deserve it. People who deserve my respect are people that WILL find a way to improve to the ends of the earth, and people who never take the easy way out as the first choice.


Last edited by D-Boy on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zgmfx09a
Journeyman
Journeyman


Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Katoma wrote:


–noun
6.
a person who guides, esp. one hired to guide travelers, tourists, hunters, etc.

7.
a mark, tab, or the like, to catch the eye and thus provide quick reference.
8.
a guidebook.
9.
a book, pamphlet, etc., giving information, instructions, or advice; handbook: an investment guide.
10.
a guidepost.
11.
a device that regulates or directs progressive motion or action: a sewing-machine guide.
12.
a spirit believed to direct the utterances of a medium.
13.
Military . a member of a group marching in formation who sets the pattern of movement or alignment for the rest.




–verb (used with object)
1.
to assist (a person) to travel through, or reach a destination in, an unfamiliar area, as by accompanying or giving directions to the person
: He guided us through the forest.
2.
to accompany (a sightseer) to show points of interest and to explain their meaning or significance.
3.
to force (a person, object, or animal) to move in a certain path.
4.
to supply (a person) with advice or counsel, as in practical or spiritual affairs.

5.
to supervise (someone's actions or affairs) in an advisory capacity.





Funny, you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "Guide" as well as you think you do. by definition, this IS a guide. Not one by current standards, but by definition, this is a guide.

Just because it doesn't fit a "guide" as the standards people are accustomed to, doesn't mean it is not a guide. It's definitely a rarely used approach.

>I can quote dictionaries, and thus my argument is awesome.

Let's do it your way then.


tip
noun, verb,tipped, tip·ping.
–noun
1.
a small present of money given directly to someone for performing a service or menial task; gratuity: He gave the waiter a dollar as a tip.
2.
a piece of private or secret information, as for use in betting, speculating, or writing a news story: a tip from a bookie.
3.
a useful hint or idea; a basic, practical fact: tips on painting.



And while I am at it.



great
adjective, -er, -est, adverb, noun, plural greats, ( especially collectively ) great, interjection
–adjective
1.
unusually or comparatively large in size or dimensions: A great fire destroyed nearly half the city.
2.
large in number; numerous: Great hordes of tourists descend on Europe each summer.
3.
unusual or considerable in degree, power, intensity, etc.: great pain.
4.
wonderful; first-rate; very good: We had a great time. That's great!
5.
being such in an extreme or notable degree: great friends; a great talker.
6.
notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding: a great occasion.
7.
important; highly significant or consequential: the great issues in American history.
8.
distinguished; famous: a great inventor.
9.
of noble or lofty character: great thoughts.
10.
chief or principal: the great hall; his greatest novel.
11.
of high rank, official position, or social standing: a great noble.
12.
much in use or favor: “Humor” was a great word with the old physiologists.
13.
of extraordinary powers; having unusual merit; very admirable: a great statesman.
14.
of considerable duration or length: We waited a great while for the train.
15.
Informal . a.
enthusiastic about some specified activity (usually fol. by at, for, or on ): He's great on reading poetry aloud.
b.
skillful; expert (usually fol. by at or on ): He's great at golf.
a.
enthusiastic about some specified activity (usually fol. by at, for, or on ): He's great on reading poetry aloud.
b.
skillful; expert (usually fol. by at or on ): He's great at golf.
16.
being of one generation more remote from the family relative specified (used in combination): a great-grandson.


Questions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:49 pm

D-Boy wrote:
Nein, I pick off papers first in a group. Because papers are the ones who deal the most damage if left free. Don't assume anything. Unless you're gonna argue that I take out a scissor while a papers screw me out. And its not necessarily the team is newb. Think, what if everyone else is handled busy by my other teammate, and I have a clear path to kill. If there's an opportunity, I kill. Rocks SHOULD take out paper first. Rocks are the vanguard to smash everything. Scissors are the mid-liners. Papers are the back-liners of the team. Well, that's for average of the types. Of course there's exceptions, and those exceptions are the one to break the "rules" and do some hell. In the end, you will need to kill everything, so take something that would trouble you from start to finish so you can have a smooth round for yourself by having the upper hands in type.

And I'm not telling you that you don't have common sense because i don't agree. Its because its clearly not a good guide and doesn't tell newbs how to do anything. Common sense is prudent and sound judgment. I do agree common sense is rare. But I don't agree that this is a good guide, because it teaches nothing to become good. If you stick to "kill weaknesses", you'll be left with something that has an advantage on you, which would certainly make your life harder if it has high health and you have low health. You must be TERRIBLE to think that if this is a good guide. In fact, any newb that has a sound mind would see this:
http://sdgotw-kr.forumotion.com/t530-new-player-guide-to-sdgo-rock-paper-scissor-system
And find that more than enough.

And vart? I don't have respect and courtesy for people who don't imagine and lie. I only respect people that can put up a good fight, and have a sound mind.. You say common sense is rare, and yes, that's true. Including you. My courtesy and respect only deserves to go to people who deserve it. People who deserve my respect are people that WILL find a way to improve to the ends of the earth, and people who never take the easy way out as the first choice.

I'm not necessarily telling noobs how to be good. As i said before i've witnessed all of my teammates going after attributes disadvantageous to them and they were well over silver diamond.

If i went into precise detail, there might be exceptions such as "going after enemies when it's only 1 or 2 hits" or "when an enemy is separated from their team by themselves snipe him by teaming up or by yourself if it's within your ability."

I know this is a bit too generalized for you to consider as a guide, but if generalized enough, i can say "press w twice to dash" or "click to attack"
That's something that's way too generalized and is of no help to be called guide.

Rock>scissor>paper>rock
it is so obvious yet it is how it should go.

Let's say it's 3vs3 with each attribute on both side.
If rock from 1 team went after paper with no guarantee that you'll kill paper successfully, it leaves scissor+paper vs Rock + scissor
It's true that skills takes part greatly,but remainder of the team will not be in favorable situation.

Noob or not, if they do not follow this properly, they need to be brought to light. Exceptions do exist, but they are exceptions.

Edit: After reading your question again, you seem to have no faith in your teammates. All i see is you playing by yourself in your argument. SDGO is a game where 2 people will have utmost advantage against 1 person (exceptions exist). Teamwork is very important. Good example would be clan matches.

The reason for Amatsu to be in constant use in clan matches while all other units suffer generation changes is due to it's ability to snipe papers. If you go after the paper what will leave the scissors to do. Team up on one paper while ur teammates are having 2vs3 battle? This is why positioning is important. rock will go after scissor and scissor will go after paper and paper will go after rock. After this skill will take effect.

Also paper->rock damage bonus is bigger than all other attributes.

WHY would you do 10% damage on a paper when you can do 30% on a scissor?


Last edited by Argama3 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Boy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General


Posts : 1097
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Shadow Mirror Universe

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:59 pm

There's something call gambling and taking a gambit.

Either make it, or break it. And for people who want to win, there is no other way, they MUST succeed in killing the thing that does the most damage.

Kill paper early, I have the field for myself the rest of the game. Kill scissor early, and the paper will haunt me the rest of the game.

Winners takes a gambit, loser loses all.

Thank you for digging yourself into a grave, this does no help at all either. Strategies exist too, and you can't always hope for "balanced type" team. Say your team got a full rock, the other teams are 2 scissors and 2 damaging papers like Vdash and Komei. Tell me, do you want to screw yourself, or screw the other team of their options of damaging the whole team? You DONT NEED to always have to take on a stray foe. Strongest tactic is a full rushing team, which causes everyone to panic, and you have a full pass to mob the whole team. And there, type advantages have been nulled and papers don't have the advantage over rocks suddenly, due to the closed distance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:08 pm

D-Boy wrote:
There's something call gambling and taking a gambit.

Either make it, or break it. And for people who want to win, there is no other way, they MUST succeed in killing the thing that does the most damage.

Kill paper early, I have the field for myself the rest of the game. Kill scissor early, and the paper will haunt me the rest of the game.

Winners takes a gambit, loser loses all.

Thank you for digging yourself into a grave, this does no help at all either. Strategies exist too, and you can't always hope for "balanced type" team. Say your team got a full rock, the other teams are 2 scissors and 2 damaging papers like Vdash and Komei. Tell me, do you want to screw yourself, or screw the other team of their options of damaging the whole team? You DONT NEED to always have to take on a stray foe. Strongest tactic is a full rushing team, which causes everyone to panic, and you have a full pass to mob the whole team. And there, type advantages have been nulled and papers don't have the advantage over rocks suddenly, due to the closed distance.

Again. You're playing by yourself. scissor on you're team should be the one not letting you get crushed by paper.
Full rushing team is best when the team is ALL rock or 3 rocks. A fully organized team from a clan will crush you right back. It is the team that surrounds and corners the opposing team that wins.
I suggest you try killing the paper in KR clan matches. You'll be the one digging the grave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Boy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General


Posts : 1097
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Shadow Mirror Universe

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:43 pm

No, full rushing teams work with anything that has at least 2 rocks to act as a vanguard. A paper rushes forward and guards the backline, and scissors that is in a perfect range to unload everything. Rushers are the one that corners the other team in a corner for them to curl up. Unless the rush is poorly coordinated (Like, all come one by one instead of all at once), of course they'll lose the struggle. That's why rushes have to be coordinated well to ALWAYS corner the enemy.

And you think I just play alone? Dead wrong. Once in a while (That is, once every a few games) I go to black rooms, and fight the defending room. These players are the true-blue players, the serious business people. I'm not just talking the rock killing paper alone. I'm talking about EVERYTHING destroying papers first. Then we rock.

Get over type advantages, and kill the damage dealer. When you remove the damage dealers, its all a matter of time before you win or you screw somewhere and lose. I don't dig myself a grave. When you fight these kind of rooms, they have a tactic. Not all scissors have the dps to kill papers before they kill your rocks. Tactics over types.

Kr this, KR that. Anywhere I go, its always KR. I don't care which version it is, because there are key players that play both versions, and I play with those key players. I know what to expect from KR.

And sometimes, you just gotta forget type advantages. Its already a common military tactic, vanquish the strong before holding up the smaller ones. I don't care what type I play, if I see something like MLRS and Komei, I attack them. Leaving these type of papers will only mean EVERYTHING dies. So you see? Leaving x to live could either be a good choice, or will haunt you throughout the game.

And as I said, types may not always be on your side. If your scissor is killed, then its still up to you to kill the paper. Or your scissor won't do the damage (Try Amatu vs Dendro. Amatu is good, but it still takes a long time to kill a dendro... that is, if the dendro even lets the Amatu hit every shot.) In the end, its still walking on the edge of a knife, resting everything on your choices. Sure, I really want to kill a freedom over killing a dendrobium that's shooting missile rains. And in fact, I'm gonna get a bunch of friends, get all to play an "equal" team, try your little craft of a theory, and see how ineffective it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:08 pm

D-Boy wrote:
No, full rushing teams work with anything that has at least 2 rocks to act as a vanguard. A paper rushes forward and guards the backline, and scissors that is in a perfect range to unload everything. Rushers are the one that corners the other team in a corner for them to curl up. Unless the rush is poorly coordinated (Like, all come one by one instead of all at once), of course they'll lose the struggle. That's why rushes have to be coordinated well to ALWAYS corner the enemy.

And you think I just play alone? Dead wrong. Once in a while (That is, once every a few games) I go to black rooms, and fight the defending room. These players are the true-blue players, the serious business people. I'm not just talking the rock killing paper alone. I'm talking about EVERYTHING destroying papers first. Then we rock.

Get over type advantages, and kill the damage dealer. When you remove the damage dealers, its all a matter of time before you win or you screw somewhere and lose. I don't dig myself a grave. When you fight these kind of rooms, they have a tactic. Not all scissors have the dps to kill papers before they kill your rocks. Tactics over types.

Kr this, KR that. Anywhere I go, its always KR. I don't care which version it is, because there are key players that play both versions, and I play with those key players. I know what to expect from KR.

And sometimes, you just gotta forget type advantages. Its already a common military tactic, vanquish the strong before holding up the smaller ones. I don't care what type I play, if I see something like MLRS and Komei, I attack them. Leaving these type of papers will only mean EVERYTHING dies. So you see? Leaving x to live could either be a good choice, or will haunt you throughout the game.

And as I said, types may not always be on your side. If your scissor is killed, then its still up to you to kill the paper. Or your scissor won't do the damage (Try Amatu vs Dendro. Amatu is good, but it still takes a long time to kill a dendro... that is, if the dendro even lets the Amatu hit every shot.) In the end, its still walking on the edge of a knife, resting everything on your choices. Sure, I really want to kill a freedom over killing a dendrobium that's shooting missile rains. And in fact, I'm gonna get a bunch of friends, get all to play an "equal" team, try your little craft of a theory, and see how ineffective it is.


Oh now you have teammates and other team's paper has no teammates?

I've mentioned KR once and you make it sound like i've repeated it multiple times.

Well i guess I will. Make a clan in KR with your friends and go verse some of the top ranked clans on clan match.

If you can't admit that someone will be better than you, that means you have some stuff to learn.

You don't know what to expect from KR. You just want to think you're good and don't even face koreans.

Not all koreans may be good, but a red star can play around with a tw red star.

Self judgement should be applied to a match, but advantages exist for a reason.

It's already stupid to even mention amatsu vs dendrobium.

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN USE AMATSU AGAINST DENDROBIUM?

It has I-field that cuts like 90% of beam damage. If you have any common sense, you wouldn't even use a irrational example like that.

If you can upload a video of you beating a top tier korean clan in clan match with "kill anything in my path",

I'll give in and apologize saying " oh great D-Boy you were always right i am sorry for even arguing with your intelligence.

My argument states that attributes exist for advantages. If you even play one match you'll see the damage difference.

There's my proof.

Now give me your proof.

Black rooms, according to you are serious business, but i doubt even your standard of "serious" since you underestimate KR so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eugenelow
Sergeant
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Argama3 wrote:
D-Boy wrote:
There's something call gambling and taking a gambit.

Either make it, or break it. And for people who want to win, there is no other way, they MUST succeed in killing the thing that does the most damage.

Kill paper early, I have the field for myself the rest of the game. Kill scissor early, and the paper will haunt me the rest of the game.

Winners takes a gambit, loser loses all.

Thank you for digging yourself into a grave, this does no help at all either. Strategies exist too, and you can't always hope for "balanced type" team. Say your team got a full rock, the other teams are 2 scissors and 2 damaging papers like Vdash and Komei. Tell me, do you want to screw yourself, or screw the other team of their options of damaging the whole team? You DONT NEED to always have to take on a stray foe. Strongest tactic is a full rushing team, which causes everyone to panic, and you have a full pass to mob the whole team. And there, type advantages have been nulled and papers don't have the advantage over rocks suddenly, due to the closed distance.

Again. You're playing by yourself. scissor on you're team should be the one not letting you get crushed by paper.
Full rushing team is best when the team is ALL rock or 3 rocks. A fully organized team from a clan will crush you right back. It is the team that surrounds and corners the opposing team that wins.
I suggest you try killing the paper in KR clan matches. You'll be the one digging the grave.

ur rule gets broken in the rank of the S ranks...suits like T3 and GNAE defy the rock-paper-scissors rule with mega beam cannons that can pick off papers as well...all in all ur 'greatest guide possible' is just a summary of the original guide in understanding the rock paper scissor system in SDGO...erm...i mean a two lined summary of the guide... cute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:15 pm

eugenelow wrote:
Argama3 wrote:
D-Boy wrote:
There's something call gambling and taking a gambit.

Either make it, or break it. And for people who want to win, there is no other way, they MUST succeed in killing the thing that does the most damage.

Kill paper early, I have the field for myself the rest of the game. Kill scissor early, and the paper will haunt me the rest of the game.

Winners takes a gambit, loser loses all.

Thank you for digging yourself into a grave, this does no help at all either. Strategies exist too, and you can't always hope for "balanced type" team. Say your team got a full rock, the other teams are 2 scissors and 2 damaging papers like Vdash and Komei. Tell me, do you want to screw yourself, or screw the other team of their options of damaging the whole team? You DONT NEED to always have to take on a stray foe. Strongest tactic is a full rushing team, which causes everyone to panic, and you have a full pass to mob the whole team. And there, type advantages have been nulled and papers don't have the advantage over rocks suddenly, due to the closed distance.

Again. You're playing by yourself. scissor on you're team should be the one not letting you get crushed by paper.
Full rushing team is best when the team is ALL rock or 3 rocks. A fully organized team from a clan will crush you right back. It is the team that surrounds and corners the opposing team that wins.
I suggest you try killing the paper in KR clan matches. You'll be the one digging the grave.

ur rule gets broken in the rank of the S ranks...suits like T3 and GNAE defy the rock-paper-scissors rule with mega beam cannons that can pick off papers as well...all in all ur 'greatest guide possible' is just a summary of the original guide in understanding the rock paper scissor system in SDGO...erm...i mean a two lined summary of the guide... cute

Yes T3 usually hits everything he can for each hit does ridiculous amount of damage, but that doesn't change the fact he would do way more damage against a scissor than a paper.
This guide basically represents the phrase "Make a more advantageous situation for yourself"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eugenelow
Sergeant
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Argama3 wrote:
eugenelow wrote:
Argama3 wrote:
D-Boy wrote:
There's something call gambling and taking a gambit.

Either make it, or break it. And for people who want to win, there is no other way, they MUST succeed in killing the thing that does the most damage.

Kill paper early, I have the field for myself the rest of the game. Kill scissor early, and the paper will haunt me the rest of the game.

Winners takes a gambit, loser loses all.

Thank you for digging yourself into a grave, this does no help at all either. Strategies exist too, and you can't always hope for "balanced type" team. Say your team got a full rock, the other teams are 2 scissors and 2 damaging papers like Vdash and Komei. Tell me, do you want to screw yourself, or screw the other team of their options of damaging the whole team? You DONT NEED to always have to take on a stray foe. Strongest tactic is a full rushing team, which causes everyone to panic, and you have a full pass to mob the whole team. And there, type advantages have been nulled and papers don't have the advantage over rocks suddenly, due to the closed distance.

Again. You're playing by yourself. scissor on you're team should be the one not letting you get crushed by paper.
Full rushing team is best when the team is ALL rock or 3 rocks. A fully organized team from a clan will crush you right back. It is the team that surrounds and corners the opposing team that wins.
I suggest you try killing the paper in KR clan matches. You'll be the one digging the grave.

ur rule gets broken in the rank of the S ranks...suits like T3 and GNAE defy the rock-paper-scissors rule with mega beam cannons that can pick off papers as well...all in all ur 'greatest guide possible' is just a summary of the original guide in understanding the rock paper scissor system in SDGO...erm...i mean a two lined summary of the guide... cute

Yes T3 usually hits everything he can for each hit does ridiculous amount of damage, but that doesn't change the fact he would do way more damage against a scissor than a paper.
This guide basically represents the phrase "Make a more advantageous situation for yourself"

Then you posting this as 'greatest guide possible' is wrong...like what zgmfx09a said...this is should be 'greatest possible tip'...and by refering to Shift's recent post...this should be common sense to the players as you are just re-freshing the original guide of the rock-paper-scissor system...honestly...i dont see the point in posting this thread at all...given the debate going on...and the 'KR This KR That'...this would only end up as a flaming thread...people have their own preference as to 'What to target and What to fight'...your 'greatest' tip is more narrow minded on telling people to fight rocks with paper,paper with scissor and scissor with rock... You know it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argama3
Corporal
Corporal


Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:12 pm

eugenelow wrote:
Argama3 wrote:
eugenelow wrote:
Argama3 wrote:
D-Boy wrote:
There's something call gambling and taking a gambit.

Either make it, or break it. And for people who want to win, there is no other way, they MUST succeed in killing the thing that does the most damage.

Kill paper early, I have the field for myself the rest of the game. Kill scissor early, and the paper will haunt me the rest of the game.

Winners takes a gambit, loser loses all.

Thank you for digging yourself into a grave, this does no help at all either. Strategies exist too, and you can't always hope for "balanced type" team. Say your team got a full rock, the other teams are 2 scissors and 2 damaging papers like Vdash and Komei. Tell me, do you want to screw yourself, or screw the other team of their options of damaging the whole team? You DONT NEED to always have to take on a stray foe. Strongest tactic is a full rushing team, which causes everyone to panic, and you have a full pass to mob the whole team. And there, type advantages have been nulled and papers don't have the advantage over rocks suddenly, due to the closed distance.

Again. You're playing by yourself. scissor on you're team should be the one not letting you get crushed by paper.
Full rushing team is best when the team is ALL rock or 3 rocks. A fully organized team from a clan will crush you right back. It is the team that surrounds and corners the opposing team that wins.
I suggest you try killing the paper in KR clan matches. You'll be the one digging the grave.

ur rule gets broken in the rank of the S ranks...suits like T3 and GNAE defy the rock-paper-scissors rule with mega beam cannons that can pick off papers as well...all in all ur 'greatest guide possible' is just a summary of the original guide in understanding the rock paper scissor system in SDGO...erm...i mean a two lined summary of the guide... cute

Yes T3 usually hits everything he can for each hit does ridiculous amount of damage, but that doesn't change the fact he would do way more damage against a scissor than a paper.
This guide basically represents the phrase "Make a more advantageous situation for yourself"

Then you posting this as 'greatest guide possible' is wrong...like what zgmfx09a said...this is should be 'greatest possible tip'...and by refering to Shift's recent post...this should be common sense to the players as you are just re-freshing the original guide of the rock-paper-scissor system...honestly...i dont see the point in posting this thread at all...given the debate going on...and the 'KR This KR That'...this would only end up as a flaming thread...people have their own preference as to 'What to target and What to fight'...your 'greatest' tip is more narrow minded on telling people to fight rocks with paper,paper with scissor and scissor with rock... You know it!

As I've said before, the standard of guide is misinterpreted. A guide can be generalized as much as you want. It's only perspective that matters.
To you it may be common sense, but this system is so simple to understand yet so many people are doing the opposite.

This may be short, but it is extremely effective and is usually crucial to the result of a match.

Even if it's not KR, a person with appropriate skill would not get sniped easily by a rock. Not when you receive less damage and inflict more damage.

Advantages exist for a reason, if you defy this and do the opposite, you are basically going against the gradient which would naturally be more time consuming process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alucius
Admin
Admin


Posts : 3084
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:22 pm

uh, pretty sure they removed the bonus dmg system in KR so scissors don't get 1 combo by rocks... so...

_________________
Be awed by my prowess!
俺様の美技に酔いな!
別沉醉在本大爺絕妙的球技下!

-Keigo Atobe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katoma
Major
Major


Posts : 468
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Alucius wrote:
uh, pretty sure they removed the bonus dmg system in KR so scissors don't get 1 combo by rocks... so...

I've heard nothing about this (yet).

Proof (>o.o)>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
00Qanta
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:09 am

Wouldn't taking away the bonus dmg kinda make the whole rock/scissor/paper system meaningless?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alucius
Admin
Admin


Posts : 3084
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:16 am

cept in KR, rocks are pretty OP. And 1 combo scissors are a bit... cheap?

_________________
Be awed by my prowess!
俺様の美技に酔いな!
別沉醉在本大爺絕妙的球技下!

-Keigo Atobe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zgmfx09a
Journeyman
Journeyman


Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:49 am

00Qanta wrote:
Wouldn't taking away the bonus dmg kinda make the whole rock/scissor/paper system meaningless?

I think the bonus defense system still applies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Greatest guide possible   Today at 6:34 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Greatest guide possible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» jamaica's appleton estate tour guide
» IRC Guide (how to chat with us)
» The greatest dream origami - Kawasaki Toshikazu
» Guide: How to Congress in Congress
» Ukrainian Film Director’s Defiant Court Statement: 'The Greatest Sin Is Cowardice'

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SDGO Taiwan-Korea :: Guides-
Jump to: