SDGO Taiwan-Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SDGO Taiwan-Korea

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deciding who is better

Go down 
+5
Zeorymer
glink
kikkoman251
LiLMewmew
Shadow1Doom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow1Doom
Private
Private
Shadow1Doom

Deciding who is better Empty
PostSubject: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:58 pm

I've been trying to think of a way to determine if one player is better than another.

Rank doesn't mean much

Team game scores can be very off due to "kill stealing"

What units you have mean nothing once skill is invovled

A 1v1 match sounds good, but there are a few problems. If you don't use the same units at the same level, you run into unbalace due to typing or at least match-ups. If you do use the same unit, you probably aren't factoring in all of a players skills. A person might be very good at melee, while the other is good at long range. Depending on the unit that they both play, it could change the outcome. The map selection can change a lot of things too.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
LiLMewmew
Major
Major
LiLMewmew

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:08 pm

1 vs 1. use the same unit

e.g. GP03 Semen vs GP03 Semen!

cyclops
Back to top Go down
Shadow1Doom
Private
Private
Shadow1Doom

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:15 pm

I guess that is the closest we can get
Sad
Back to top Go down
kikkoman251
Captain
Captain
kikkoman251

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Shadow1Doom wrote:
I've been trying to think of a way to determine if one player is better than another.

Rank doesn't mean much

Team game scores can be very off due to "kill stealing"

What units you have mean nothing once skill is invovled

A 1v1 match sounds good, but there are a few problems. If you don't use the same units at the same level, you run into unbalace due to typing or at least match-ups. If you do use the same unit, you probably aren't factoring in all of a players skills. A person might be very good at melee, while the other is good at long range. Depending on the unit that they both play, it could change the outcome. The map selection can change a lot of things too.

Any ideas?

Just use something both players agree on, and on a "fair" map i.e. no Gundam fight. Depends on what aspect you're testing on too, overall skill, melee only, long range only. For overall skills I think a same unit scissors or rock fight would be best since there is enough amount of boost to test dodging skills.
Back to top Go down
glink
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
glink

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:53 pm

find someone that has the same type specialty and style of game play and then make sure they have the same ms, at the same lvl. you also have to determine a map that you are both good at and then and only then will you be close to determining which player is better. to guarantee the process both people should have similar internet connections and similar computer specs.
Back to top Go down
Zeorymer
Captain
Captain
Zeorymer

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:23 am

LiLMewmew wrote:
Semen
Oh hohoho
Back to top Go down
http://jerichokru.deviantart.com/
XGShin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:18 am

No idea.

But if your score is twice higher than the other person in a 1vs1 then you're most likely better than him.

Speaking of 1vs1 is anyone doing 1vs1 recently? I haven't fought anyone in 1vs1 in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Bossjoe
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:27 am

When ever i fight 1v1 it is an only melee match and i am like only winning by 3 or 4 points and then they start shooting me then i start to shoot and then i win get booted and then i think to myself so if you hate to lose then dont play a melee only match and start shooting
Back to top Go down
kikkoman251
Captain
Captain
kikkoman251

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:43 am

Bossjoe wrote:
When ever i fight 1v1 it is an only melee match and i am like only winning by 3 or 4 points and then they start shooting me then i start to shoot and then i win get booted and then i think to myself so if you hate to lose then dont play a melee only match and start shooting

lol'd. Today I got bored and started going into blackrooms and spam clicking the leader to switch teams until they agreed to do so, was rewarding for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Decade
Captain
Captain
Decade

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:48 am

kikkoman251 wrote:
was rewarding for some reason.
Pissing people off is always rewarding provided they don't punch you in the face.
Back to top Go down
Bossjoe
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:34 pm

and i thought me beating them with my neue zeil was fun
Back to top Go down
Alucius
Admin
Admin
Alucius

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:40 pm

this topic is kind of a pointless rant...reminds me of those guys that make topics such as "Who is better, Aile Strike or Force Impulse" or "when does strike freedom come out?". Seriously, I don't really see anything constructive about this subject. Plus, 1v1 is rather obsolete, cuz even if ur the best player in the server, with crappy teammates u still lose. Although sometimes, u do end up in a 1v1 situation, well, all the power to yea. Closing topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deciding who is better   Deciding who is better Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deciding who is better
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SDGO Taiwan-Korea :: Game Discussions :: Q & A-
Jump to: