Share | 

Mission guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Some furf
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Mission guide   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:40 am

As of yesterday, I'm sitting happily on my four slot Kämpfer, Dijeh and CGUE DEEP Arms, so I figured it's time I wrote up the tactics that got me through these missions. All it takes is some simple glitching and AI abuse. Rocks don't have much use for any of them, as you'll be doing most of your damage by shooting. Anything with the skills reload up infinite ammo or an attack or defense aura would be a great asset.

Also, never use a normal special on a boss. It's not damaging enough to be worth stopping everyone else from hitting it.

Mission 1 - Ruin City

Best suits - CGUE, Hyaku Shiki

There isn't a lot to be said. Just bring your best, stay off the ground and hope you don't get screwed over by special attacks. A CGUE will keep a Psyco focused on itself permanently and will almost never need to stop shooting, so others can use that as an opportunity to get behind it for criticals. On normal and up, they become capable of knocking down any melee attackers standing on their heads, so make sure it's distracted before you think of trying that. On expert, they gain I-Fields, so ballistic weaponry is a must. If a Psyco tries to hit you with his super beam, try and hide from most of it, but let it get you before the end. Unless you get knocked down by that super, it's very likely to just try again with it.

Other people have said that a CGUE will cause a Psyco to rage, which is untrue, since I clear expert regularly in one without a hitch.

Mission 2 - Shuttle Base

Best suits - CGUE, papers

The easy way - CGUE (Or failing that, anything with a machine gun) stands atop shuttle 2 and fires two MG bursts at the Z'Goks and Zaku IIs. This causes them to forget what they were doing and rage against you. Everyone else needs to rush over to shuttle 1 (The furthest one away) and defend there against everything else. This one's a pain in the ass on normal, since the Z'Goks may jump high enough to knock your CGUE over, so you really need luck on your side. If it seems like they're stable, don't move at all. On hard and expert, it's actually easier to get the stage into lockdown, so you're free to move around a little.

The hard way - Three Apsalus and a CGUE DEEP Arms, all with attack customisation. The Apsalus need to rush over to shuttles 1 and 2, where they present their backs to the enemies and get their health down low enough to gain infinite ammo, then return to shuttle 3. The DEEP Arms should take enough hits to activate his attack aura, then stand on top of shuttle 2. His job is to hit everything in the back. The Apsalus team should face in different directions. There isn't a lot of advice to offer, so all I can say is good luck.

Mission 3 - Canyon

Best team - Red Frame, Psyco Gundam, other scissors

The easy way - You need a Red Frame for this. His job is to turn around, find the off-coloured crack the wall, then jump up to it and use his third weapon to glitch through. He then needs to run up ahead and grab all the attention of the enemies - There's another crack he can enter to get closer to them. Once in position, call for the rest of the team go dash forward and attack the first gate. Red can then move over to the main arena and stay there. If he's the closest when they spawn, Amatsu and Rising will target him exclusively, unless someone else manages to shoot one of them. When they appear, be sure to warn the team, because they'll be only a couple of kills away from making Apsalus spawn.

The rest of you, just stand back and wait. When you're told "Go", rush ahead and only attack the gates. Killing anything before the second one is down would be pointless. Get through to the end, kill the one mobile suit that will be flying into the wall on the left side, then retreat. You want to get far away from that arena so you won't be targeted by Amatsu or Rising. Kill a few grunt mobile suits and pay attention to your Red Frame's warnings. After the mid-bosses have spawned, it will only take one more kill to get Apsalus. Any more and you'll spawn a healer Acguy, making it twice as hard to finish the stage.

Apsalus is an easy target. A Psyco Gundam can keep its attention permanently by using the mobile armour form's scattering beam cannons and mobile suit form's finger beams. Having the two skills is a must, if you're doing it this way. They'll give you a huge boost in survivability. When you can, use that beam special too, your super gauge will refill fast. The other two might be better off if they didn't have machine guns, since the AI makes whoever hits it the most its priority target. They can stand behind it and get criticals all day long. If you don't have someone that can draw all the fire (A CGUE that ducks behind the rocks can work too), then you just need to try and work together to get those critical hits.

In short, everyone go here. Red Frame goes here. Cut through the wall like so. Run up ahead. Enter here. All of them will be very angry at you for glitching like this. Once the first gate's down, all that's left is for Red to stand here to grab the attention of Amatsu and Rising. Be sure to warn your comrades about when they're about to spawn Apsalus.

It's an easy method, but it comes with two flaws. First, your Red Frame will not get any experience, nor will his quest complete (Though he still gets a capsule at the end). Second, you will not be able to get the GP02 like this when it comes out. We'll be asked to kill Amatsu, Rising and the Acguys on expert. To do it requires a Psyco Gundam and Apsalus team with all their skills. There's no real tactic, just rush through the gates, use your super beams on whole groups of grunts and leave Apsalus for last.

Mission 4 - Test Factory

I've heard various reports on what to do this with, but the team I accomplished it with had three Apsalus and one Psyco Gundam. Everyone needs to equip vaccine skill parts and they must have all their skills and preferrably all their custom slots too. HP or attack for the Apsalus, HP on the Psyco.

Phase one isn't worth mentioning. At phase two, you should all move to the left corner, where you won't be hit from all sides. If you feel like using your super beam, fine. But make sure someone still has their defense aura up at all times, the reload up granted by it is invaluable. On phase three, the Psyco should stand in between all of the turrets to draw their fire. One Apsalus on each side will shoot the turrets (Use the super beam at every opportunity) and the last should assist the Psyco in destroying the mobile suits - They count towards the kill total for this section. In the final phase, you all need to get in close to Aile Strike and physically box him in. Just keep shooting, but don't use your super beam until the last five seconds. It takes far too long to recharge your SP, leaving you an easy target for the turrets to disrupt. It's safe for the Psyco to punch him three times every thirty seconds, too.

If everyone's doing their jobs right, this becomes a pretty easy quest, even on expert, but you definitely need the correct setup first.

Mission 5 - Lunar Base

Best suit - Psyco Gundam

Even on hard, this one's really fucking easy. To get the 25 Gelgoog kills in the most efficient way, split yourselves up according to where you appear in the second and third phases. The two guys in the middle can kill those googs, the ones on the end should go take out the turrets. There's plenty of time, Psyco is a complete monster to the boss, enjoy your Gunbarrel Dagger.

Mission 6 - Desert

Four man Apsalus team, all with attack up seems like the only way to do it without S ranks. Putting on skill parts for extra special attack power might be a good option. If someone else can offer some insight, I'd appreciate it since I've yet to complete this one.

Mission 7 - Battleship of Gunfire

Best team - Two Psyco Gundams and two A rocks (AS Zeta, ZZ, something durable)

This mission gives me really awful framerate trouble upon entering the second phase, so it's probably worth going to your options and moving the bottom two sliders all the way left to decrease special effects and map draw distance. Putting on some newtype skill parts might also be a good idea, since you'll be doing a lot of chasing around.

On phase one, everyone should stick together, you'll have an easier time if they come to you. The Psycos cannot rely on auto-lockon for their main cannon, so they'll have to shoot above the target. In phase two, the Psycos should concentrate on taking out one ship at a time, while the rocks follow behind and protect them from the Daggers. Other than that, I don't need to tell you how to play, so go get your Jim.

I'm always on our IRC channel and happy to help anyone out with their quests. Let's get out there and win.

Good luck, soldier.

Last edited by Some furf on Thu May 28, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wowbond
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Yay a mission guide =]

Now just need to find other people that can do it too =\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeirnaton
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Mission one can be done with a team of Duel Gundams/Aile strikes. for mission one you need to get some one to get on top of the psycho gundam and get that person to draw its attention so it only tries to attack this person, the rest of the people need to stay close to the psycho gundam and vulcan him try your best to get as many crits on him.

mission 3 you can do that glitch which makes it 20x easier cus you anit gotta worry about any body dieing, the "Manly" way we use to do it was destroy all the gates and take out all the npcs and then kill rising and amatu or kill off as many npcs till apa spawned so no healer units would spawn

Mission 4------------- Best way to do this is to have 2 Apsalus, 1 Psycho Gundam, and a good Melee unit, only for strong melee rocks out atm is AS zeta, shining, blitz, and Strike gundam, and equip everything with the Vaccine skillpart

AS Zeta is the best and then prolly strike not sure how good blitz defense is cus i've never had one Razz but shining has really low defense so you may fail a few times before getting it done right with shining gundam.

on first stage u destroy the balls till u get past have the rock take cover behind psycho, since u want to make sure the rock is left alive by the end of the mission. on stage 2 you need to kill hizacks to past this.

on stage three the apsalus should either both pick a side where the turrets spawn, since the apsalus is sooooooo wide its able to stay on the ledge where the turrets are the apsalus should special those turrets and beam them.

psycho should get in the front and try to destroy some of the scissor turrets, when the npcs spawn the rock and psycho need to go for them cus there a lot easier to kill than the turrets the apsalus should try to help to if necessary.

On the final stage ignore all the turrets, apsalus should beam the aile so it stun locks him this is where the infi ammo comes into play once u get weak enough and before you die beam special the aile strike, when the apsalus spawns u can hit a few of the turrets with melee so u can get ur special gauge back so u have vaccine active again.

the psycho gundam also has a stun beam attack which also helps to lock aile, but once a aids gets low enough health psycho needs to try his best to soak the damage for the apsalus that gets infi ammo like idk getting infront of it or on the sides to prevent missiles from hitting apsalus, once apsalus has infi ammo and stays alive its GG mission should be easy.

the rocks need 2 melee aile 4x then stop and beam/zook it, wait a good lil while before you melee again aile strike will prolly fall down a few times it'll be ok but dont make a habbit of knocking him down every 5-10 seconds.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sdgotw-kr.forumotion.com
Aldotsk
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Mission 2:

It's impossible to draw enemies with machine gun when you need to kill Zgoks and Rick Dias for Red Frame Powered plan quest.
Best way is to send at least good qualified S Ranks out in the field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Some furf
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:59 pm

In that case, you don't have to draw away all the enemies. Just take half of them and the rest should be very manageable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeirnaton
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:17 am

Aldotsk wrote:
Mission 2:

It's impossible to draw enemies with machine gun when you need to kill Zgoks and Rick Dias for Red Frame Powered plan quest.
Best way is to send at least good qualified S Ranks out in the field.

For the mission it requires 3 apsalus equipped with potentials and a wzc, apsalus get weak enough for there infi ammo 2 kick in and return to the shuttle while the apas do all that its up 2 wzc to protect the shuttle and then he gets on top of shuttle 2, after the apas get done and pull a few of the units and then release them at a certain time, im not 2 sure cus its been a long time since i've done that mission
Back to top Go down
wowbond
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:20 am

I managed to complete that mission with one person using a GINN, and the rest of us using GPO-3, GM sniper II, and Hyaku-shiki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeirnaton
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 am

wowbond wrote:
I managed to complete that mission with one person using a GINN, and the rest of us using GPO-3, GM sniper II, and Hyaku-shiki.

aldotsk is talking about the quest in the korean version that awards you red frame powered after completing it
Back to top Go down
Some furf
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Rewrote the Canyon guide for simplicity's sake, added info for missions 4 and 5, don't know what to say for 6.

Last edited by Some furf on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Some furf wrote:
If you pass this on expert, you're a better pilot than I am. Good luck, soldier.

So you did it on hard? If yes then, wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Some furf
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Thu May 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Added mission 7, rewrote 2 and 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightSin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Location : Sitting in a destroyed Gundam floating to the earth.

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Mission 6 is really just a survival mission, just live long enough to claim victory. Barely made it on Expert. That was a very big *whew*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cubanhh
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: mission 2 sux   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:18 pm

if anyone here can help me wit mission 2 tha twould be great...
i have been tyring for like ever (btw tw server) n i just cant do it
i get so close but nope....whoever made this level hates me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission guide   Today at 6:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Mission guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1