SDGO Taiwan-Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SDGO Taiwan-Korea

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GM Sniper II OC questions...

Go down 
+7
nooby2
eugenelow
Roy00
Alucius
wolves
zeph
blayaden01
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blayaden01
blayaden01

GM Sniper II OC questions... Empty
PostSubject: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 pm

I've been doing some research for a while, and I'm hoping you guys could help me make a decision.

Currently, I've been putting all my custom points for my RGM-79sp GM Sniper II into attack. Eventually, when I OCEX it (its gonna happen. It might take another year, but its gonna happen), its gonna look something like this stat-wise.
GM Sniper II OC questions... Gm_sni10

Its attack will be pretty high, but not that high since sniper's don't get the same amount of attack per point as other units do.

As I was fighting the other day, I was mortified at while I was able to tear my foes to shreads, I was unable to survive any sort of attack from a B rank or above. The GM Sniper II's DEF and HP are low (even for a C rank) and I wondered what would happen if I put my custom points into HP or Def. I mean, its got plenty of attack power as it is already. (second highest attack for a C rank, machine gun enhanced by agility up) So here are two options I was thinking of-

Plan A: All defence
GM Sniper II OC questions... Gm_sni11

Or Plan B: Custom HP, OC Def
GM Sniper II OC questions... Gm_sni12

So, the question is, would it be worth it to increase the survivability of my favorite suit? If so, should I go mix HP and Def, or all Def? Open to all suggestions. Except the stupid ones. Stay in your corner, Mew.
Back to top Go down
zeph
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
zeph

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:22 pm

If we are talking about HP and DEF, I would go for DEF, since HP is more for survival from specs, and for a paper, you should be that close to get spec-ed. Or, by the time the opponent is near enough, you are tend to get meleed rather than spec. You shld be able to tell whether you get spec-ed frequently on the GM Sniper.
Back to top Go down
wolves
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
wolves

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:31 pm

All i can say is forget about about plan B.. jus go for all atk.. IMO sniper needs a lot of atk.. if u add def for it wil be pointless cos u cant do damage much
Back to top Go down
Alucius
Admin
Admin
Alucius

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:53 pm

what u can do is 3 atk custom points, 2OC into agi, then rest into atk. Snipers get a nice bonus when OC points into agi. At least this allows u to do decent in BC. Cuz overall, C against S ranks are pretty much cannon fodder. High oc atk destiny or freedom like mine can probably 2 shot you regardless of how much u put into def or hp.
Back to top Go down
blayaden01
blayaden01

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Alucius wrote:
what u can do is 3 atk custom points, 2OC into agi, then rest into atk. Snipers get a nice bonus when OC points into agi. At least this allows u to do decent in BC. Cuz overall, C against S ranks are pretty much cannon fodder. High oc atk destiny or freedom like mine can probably 2 shot you regardless of how much u put into def or hp.
Something like this?
GM Sniper II OC questions... Gm_sni13

Thanks to everyone for their responses so far!
cute
Back to top Go down
Roy00
Private
Private
Roy00

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:11 pm

U can maybe put some in Def but if ur not in the front line most of the time u can just add more ATK to make the most DMG possible. If u do go in the front line then u can maybe add more Def. The Agi is a good choice too to be more faster on the motion but do u shoot on snipe mode or not ? if u do then there is no reason much to add on Agi if u are since in snipe mode it shoot really fast enought (all rely on ur markmanship). Cool Pose

If i recall when u reOC and stuff u dont have to lvl and u just have to spend a good amount of G for it so u can try and test it out to ur liking to see if ur good with it. It is not too late to perfect ur Sniper. You know it!
Back to top Go down
eugenelow
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:27 am

i prefer plan A...or maybe C4 Attack and OC Def...this is what i did on my AR Duel and GM Sniper Custom CU...i feel that this build gives the benefit of having extra defence while not sacrificing Attack in OC as snipers have a penalty...i also have builds where i Custom and OC all Attack...but this is for snipers that have Instant Damage weapons like Gelgoog Cannon and Zaku Magellan Cannon...u can also try C4 HP and OC DEF...however i think the effect is just a less to no difference when compared to C4 ATT OC DEF as GM Sniper 2's Def is already low to begin with and it would have better Attack as u had invested 4 points in it's custom

Good luck in Customizing your GM Sniper 2 You know it!

"Always Fear A Sniper' from CS

Back to top Go down
nooby2
Major
Major
nooby2

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:13 am

Was planning to go OC EX Agi Up for my Snipers,

In the case of a C rank, C/OC5 all into attack, OC6 into SP.

Total: 4C/6OC into Attack, 3OC into SP. Units with Sniper precision gain more per OC point for SP due to reduction in attack power,
but only for C/B ranks. The buff for A/S is not around anymore. C rank gains 3.0 pts per OC into SP rather than the regular 2.4, giving you abit more.

This is how I feel like doing things, since I tend to use my Zaku Magella/Zaku Cannon(To be) more often as a Support first/Sniper second. The SP gains are tremendous.

I'm not too sure about Beam based snipers for this but, I'm still planning to go this build for my GM Sniper, just cause he has that backpack when he SP's.
Dump a SP UP skill part and your set to go. The Agi UP OC EX is assuming you get there, which you said you will...

Side Note: Not too sure if AGI UP and EX Agi Up skills stack.
Back to top Go down
masterofz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
masterofz

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 am

even with hp, def or even full def, u're still be torn to shreds by higher ranks (B's might be tolerable then though)

but personally, i think all atk's the way to go. unless u feel that he's not quick enough, then a few points into agi might be well spent
Back to top Go down
blayaden01
blayaden01

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Alright, I think I'm gonna go ahead and go with ATK+AGI. Thanks for everyone for their input!
Whistling in Spring
Back to top Go down
LiLMewmew
Major
Major
LiLMewmew

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:14 pm

paint it pink~

star eyes
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:57 pm

lol just try not to be noticed. when i play sniper i usually stay back and snipe people until a) someone rushes where im hiding or b) i get bored and go up. this usually means that i take little to low dmg until the last minute or so. especially when im in a highly rock room.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tehnewblife
Alucius
Admin
Admin
Alucius

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 pm

do not put custom points into agi, only OC points. Trust me on this!!!!
Back to top Go down
Katoma
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Alu's right, gives the same amount in C as OC with Gm Snipa 2. (1.Cool

Gives .9 with C in ATK, .6 with OC.

Depending, I'd go 3-5 OC in Agi (until it feels comfortable, I suggest 4) and rest in ATK.

Edit: Fun fact: C on Spec gives it 2.1 I think it is, and 3.0 per OC.
Back to top Go down
nooby2
Major
Major
nooby2

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:02 am

Katoma wrote:

Depending, I'd go 3-5 OC in Agi (until it feels comfortable, I suggest 4) and rest in ATK.

Yeah, I pointed that out

Agi using OC stat doesnt take away your Attack bonus since well, it's OC point compared to C point.

The attack agi build is the best way to go since speccing def = you still get killed quickly.

Just try to hide. Or use Hide item. LOL
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 am

as i said, hide in a remote corner of the map and snipe people. i did that, and even went to the kitchen, made myself an ice cream cone while my full armor gundam's sniper cannon reloaded, and ate said ice cream cone while sniping the living @$%& out of the 7-units meele pile.
(was a hardcore pile of meeleing. everyone except me was in there slashing and hacking away. there was a sword strike, and he hit everyone of my team mates with every blow, so i blew his brains out. Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Katoma
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am

nooby2 wrote:
Katoma wrote:

Yeah, I pointed that out

Agi using OC stat doesnt take away your Attack bonus since well, it's OC point compared to C point.

The attack agi build is the best way to go since speccing def = you still get killed quickly.

Just try to hide. Or use Hide item. LOL

I'd go 4 C ATK, 4 OC Agi, 4 OC Spec, and 1 OC speed or ATK.
Back to top Go down
eugenelow
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:18 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
as i said, hide in a remote corner of the map and snipe people. i did that, and even went to the kitchen, made myself an ice cream cone while my full armor gundam's sniper cannon reloaded, and ate said ice cream cone while sniping the living @$%& out of the 7-units meele pile.
(was a hardcore pile of meeleing. everyone except me was in there slashing and hacking away. there was a sword strike, and he hit everyone of my team mates with every blow, so i blew his brains out. Laughing)

u should't play like that...thats y snipers in DM are being a liability to the other team as all they do are go back and w3 all the way...making the sniper contribute lesser output to the team...relying on weapon 3 alone is not good enough considering that the other team might go aggro with their rocks...
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:59 pm

but theres just no way tht i could use a sniper in mid to close range with out getting mobbed, or are u talking about moving from sniper position to sniper position and gradually getting closer to the fray?.
Back to top Go down
nooby2
Major
Major
nooby2

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
but theres just no way tht i could use a sniper in mid to close range with out getting mobbed, or are u talking about moving from sniper position to sniper position and gradually getting closer to the fray?.

2nd Option. It always helps to have an extra hand.

That's my personal take on the sniper but you can't stay in one place too long. They'll notice. LOL
Back to top Go down
Alucius
Admin
Admin
Alucius

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 am

tehprognoob wrote:

this is why u use Xamel. More deadly close range with its rockets.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 am

now i regret breaking my xamel...
Back to top Go down
eugenelow
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 am

tehprognoob wrote:

generally u can weapon 2 to provide cover fire...snipers like gelgoog cannon,xamel fits this nicely as their w2 all are instant burst damage... You know it!

after providing cover fire...u can fall back and then pester other opposing suits... star eyes
Back to top Go down
masterofz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
masterofz

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:15 am

Katoma wrote:

in this topic, i've seen replies that say on units with precision snipe, OC (or does C get affected as well?) points into atk gets shafted. ok, i've heard that before

however, there's also the mention that such suits get a bonus on OC points into agi (Alu), but another says that the bonus is for spec (Katoma).

so, who's correct? or are both right?
Back to top Go down
Katoma
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:38 pm

olgame is right. And my info comes from OL Game.

Multiple stats gain OC Bonuses with some snipers (SOME. SNIPERS)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM Sniper II OC questions...   GM Sniper II OC questions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GM Sniper II OC questions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next